The Italian giant – Pirelli is one of the most well-known tire manufacturers in the market and also the 5th largest tire manufacturer in the world. While they focus primarily on tires for cars and bikes they have recently brought over that experience in making world-class bicycle tires by introducing its Velo product range.
Pirelli has a racing history that dates back over 110 years as they have been quality tire manufacture for the most prestigious two- and four-wheel vehicles.
The ideal tire weighs next to nothing, has zero punctures, will last forever, and flys over any type of terrain and ensures outstanding grip in all situations – although this is not 100% possible, Pirelli has worked on the concept of a “Perfect Balance” – developing bike tires with optimal and well-balanced performance features.
1. SmartNET™ Silica – delivers high rolling efficiency, highly reliable wet grip, puncture resistance and extensive mileage with the help of the SmartNET™ Silica compound which features microscopic rod-shaped particles, that are arranged systematically, rather than chaotically, creating a strong, long-lasting tyre.
2. Functional Groove Design – Tread design, redefined. Enjoy the performance you deserve, with this motorsports-inspired technology for absolute smooth riding and efficient water drainage to cycle with confidence in wet and dry conditions with the lightning bolt pattern that also reduces noise.
3. Ideal Contour Shaping – Experience high-speed stability and cornering confidence even in challenging weather conditions because of the different crown and sidewall radius and textile designed to match optimal footprint contour.
That’s just a gist of what these tires provide to the rider. To fully experience a Pirelli tire, you need to ride it and experience it.
TIRES FOR EVERYONE
Pirelli has tires for all kinds of riders
- P Zero™ Velo range (road bikes) is perfect if you’re looking for speed and efficiency. With P ZERO™ Velo, your cycling performance now meets the reliability, the road handling and the grip Pirelli is famous for – because a tire’s performance is also yours. These are available in three different clincher tire models
- P ZERO™ Velo – the crowning jewel, the best clincher performance with great all-round performance
- P ZERO™ Velo TT – fastest, high performance tire
- P ZERO™ Velo 4S – outstanding wet get and puncture protection
- Cinturato™ Velo TLR range is the tubeless-ready clincher tire, with a focus on protection and comfort, without compromising performance
- Cycl-e range is for urban riders and commuters looking for durability and comfortable
- Scorpion range are mountain bike tires tailor-made to take the roads less traveled
Superior grip and enhanced puncture protection are a handful of the many features that you can experience with the latest range of Pirelli tires.
If you’re in the market for some serious performance road, commuter or MTB tires then Pirelli is the way to go.
Tires make a world of a difference to your bike’s handling, ride, and overall performance. A good pair of tires would be the first upgrade to make in case you are looking at performance-enhancing upgrades.
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I’m an avid mountain biker and I like riding fast and flowy singletrack. As I keep riding, I continuously work on honing my riding skills. I like to ride whenever possible, especially with friends. I also like to influence folk into getting to ride more often.
Working on bicycles has also been a keen interest of mine for quite some time.
DISCIPLINE: Mountain biking and Road biking
CURRENT BIKE: Merida One Twenty 9.600 & Specialized Allez Elite DSW
DREAM BIKE: Santa Cruz 5010