BEARACKS, erstwhile BnB Racks is an adventure sports good manufacturing company based out of Taipei, Taiwan. The company manufactures accessories for a wide variety of adventure sports ranging from cycling to snowboarding.
The company is best known for its bicycle car racks in India – simple, study, versatile and cost-effective.
BEARACKS primarily make 5 different types of bike racks
- Spare Tire Racks
- Trunk Racks
- Roof Racks
- Tow Ball Mount/Hitch-Mount
- Roof Boxes
Check Out Our Article on HOW TO CHOOSE BICYCLE CAR RACKS for More Information!
SPARE TIRE RACKS
Spare Tire Racks are by far the easiest bike racks to mount. Most do not require any tools what so ever, however, this option is limited to larger cars which sport an additional tire mounted on the boot door.
- RANGER PRO – This BEARACKS carrier mounts to a car with a spare tire. It can carry two bikes and has a 30 kgs weight limit. It is built with high strength steel and reinforced plastics and has a premium titanium powder-coated finish.
Additionally, it has adjustable arms to offset your off-centred or centred tire. This bike holder is adjustable and can be fixed at any angle. No tools are required to set up the rack and it weighs 25.3 kgs.
2. TWo BIKE 4X4 SPARE WHEEL MOUNT CARRIER – This model is a Premium series bike rack and mounts to the car with the spare tire by the universal mounting plate. It fits on a tire with a width from 200mm to 320mm. The rack is built with aircraft quality aluminum alloy and stainless hardware and has a premium titanium powdered coated finish.
It has a premium dual-layer aluminum tray to fit bikes from 20er to 29er. Two bikes can fit in the carrier and the weight limit is 45 kgs.
To fix the rack on the wheel of the car, partial assembly of the rack is required.
BEARACKS Trunk Mounted Racks can be used on all types of cars – Sedan, SUV, Hatchback & Vans – with different models offering higher weight and bike holding capacities and sleeker design profiles.
- GENESIS – The Genesis Bike Rack is the company’s entry-level model. Which is suitable for sedans, SUVs, and Hatchbacks. Its compact and simple design allows for 3 bikes to be carried, at a maximum weight of 45kgs.
It requires no tools to set up and holds the bike close against the back of the car. This keeps a lower profile when on the road. But has the disadvantage of obstructing the license plate and rearview window. When no bikes are mounted, the rack can be folded, reducing its external protrusion.
This is a good option for those looking to get their first bike rack, without breaking the bank!
2. SWIFT TOURING – Similar to the Genesis, the Swift Touring Bike Rack also carries 3 bikes, with a maximum weight limit of 45kgs.
The main difference being the better materials used in the bike rack, which make it more durable, as well as the high at which the bikes are elevated. This rack provides better ground clearance than compared to the Genesis.
3. EVEREST TOURING – The Everest Touring is the most premium Trunk Mounted rack available from BEARACKS, and allows for attachment on Sedans, SUVs, Hatchbacks, and even Vans!
Its name Everest is quite befitting as this rack has the highest elevation of all Trunk Mounted BEARACKS Bike Racks. This allows for an unobstructed view of the license plate, as well as the rearview window, which is not a requirement in most countries.
4. SUPPORTER – If you are worried about your bike dangling without anything underneath to hold it in place, then the Supporter Rack is the answer for you. It comes with two individual bike holding racks that support the wheels while mounted.
It also sports frame locks which clamp on to the frame and create an overall stronger hold over the bikes. This is the most secure type of rack as the cycle is secured in multiple locations and is supported from the bottom of each wheel.
ROOF MOUNTED RACKS
These racks are mounted to the roof of the car and allows the car to maintain its width while on the road. This is good as it is safer while on the road and also conforms to the motor laws of most countries.
The key thing to keep in mind about these kinds of mounts is your overall height, especially while travelling through tunnels or bridges.
- AEROFORZ BC-225 – This rack secures itself on to the bike through the wheels, and can support wheelbases ranging from 24″ to 29″. It should be noted that to use this mount. You first need to install a set of BEARACKS rails to your roof. Which are sold separately.
Roof Mounts are better as they allow the car to maintain its width, without the hassle of worrying about accidentally bumping either end of the bike while driving. Most countries have strict rules around bicycle mounting, with roof mounts being the most widely accepted.
TOW BALL/HITCH MOUNTED RACKS
If you have an SUV or 4×4 vehicle, there is a good chance that it will sport a tow ball mount. This is for when you need to tether to another vehicle, when in need of a tow.
This mount is prefered, as it has the least contact with the body of the car. Moth other mounts require to be hooked along the sides of door panels and other car parts, which can lead to marks and scratches.
- EXPLORER – is a Hitch Mount Carrier that mounts to the 50mm European standard tow ball. It has premium titanium powdered coated finish and built with high strength steel and aluminum alloy.
The bikes lock to the carrier and the carrier locks to the tow ball of your car or SUV. It is capable of carrying 2 bikes, with a combined weight limit of 30kgs.
The carrier has a nice feature for those entering from the rear of the vehicle as the carrier tilts for rear access. The product, like all products of BEARACKS, is TUV certified with a Limited lifetime warranty. The weight of the carrier is 26.3 kgs.
2. TRAILGATOR PRO – The Tailgator Pro, similar to the Explorer, attaches directly to the chassis using a Hitch Mount. It’s different from the Explorer as it elevates the bikes when mounted.
This is a key point as it allows for the car’s number plate to be seen clearly, which may be required by law depending on where you live.
BEARACKS also makes Roof Boxes, which allow you to store outdoor equipment such as surfboards and camping gear on the roof of the car. This significantly increases the storage capacity of your vehicle, which can be game-changing on longer road trips.
- BNB ROOF BOX MEDIUM ADVENTURE 460 DUO – is BEARACKS’ flagship Roof Box. Its sleek design was developed in Italy and sports the lowest air drag among major competitors. The shell is also made using proprietary materials which make it 25% lighter than other brands.
The Roof Box allows for the central locking, as well as opening access on both sides of the box.
Most trips would be a lot more enjoyable if we had our bicycle along. Carrying your bike along with you, inside the vehicle isn’t the most practical thing to do. A good car rack is a fantastic investment to carry your bike around and we find Bearacks a fantastic, versatile and value for money investment with a uber wide range of product which fit a wide range of car shapes and sizes.
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING:
I love the freedom which comes with riding a bike. On my Hardtail MTB , nothing is an obstacle, I seamlessly flow down trails and through traffic like water in a river. And that flow gives me immense satisfaction and the continued drive to get back on my bike the next day.
DISCIPLINE: Mountain Biking & Commuting
CURRENT BIKE: Marin Bolinas Ridge Disc
DREAM BIKE: Cannondale TOPSTONE Carbon Lefty 3