Race leaders: Georg Leuzinger (in Yellow), Juerg Mueller (left), Prashanth Selvaraj (right, kneeling)
The Race 3 of the Bangalore Bicycle Championships (BBCh – we all love abbrevations, dont we) just got over and it was awesome, as usual.
We had plenty of fantastic photographers who completely covered the event.
- Anita Bora – PreRace and during the Race
and some superb video coverage by Stanzin.
Volunteers are the most important people at any Race. Its their hard work that makes these races happen.
And the BBCh races have been tremendous – without a glitch and plenty of fun !
Race Standings – Men
- Georg Leuzinger
- Juerg Mueller
- Prashanth Selvaraj
Race Standings – Women
- Celine Firtion
- Neera Katwal
- Manjula Sridhar
We had about 70+ bikers who turned up for this event, which was an off road event
The trail was an easy ride, if you wanted it to be. But there were plenty of fast sections where you could show off your riding prowess (if you had any)
A very good trail for beginners as well as the more experienced riders.
Perfect for the first off road event at BBCh.
Thanks to Siva for finding this superb ride.
The race was about 22km (5 laps of 4.4kms each)
- Birth of the yellow jersey
We had a yellow jersey this race. Thanks to Modi for running around and getting the printing done at the last moment. Georg (who got to wear the jersey) loved it and the handover of the jersey was quite a ceremony.
- Spectacular falls: none caught on video/cam, much to the disappointment of some of the photographers.
- TheWhitefield Riders: who are regular riders in this area came out in full force and kicked some butt ! Good going guys.
- Recce for the race was done on a new moon night (around 1am actually) after a couple of beers. This was quite an experience !
The next race
is just around the corner. So start training and get ready for yet another off road ride.
When: 16 August 2009 (a Sunday)
Where: rumored to be somewhere in South Bangalore.
We will be posting up more info here and on the official site.
Keep an eye out. And train hard !