we are a week away from having a Duathlon in Bangalore (14th June) – do sign up if you havent.
Since a lot of runners are giving cycling a shot for the first time since their school days – BumsOnTheSaddle is having a cycling workshop on 7th June (the coming Sunday) between 8am – 10am at Coffee Day, Victoria road to help make the transition.
Be there, heckle us and get all your questions answered.
Feel free to join us if you want to help out or if you want to know more about cycling and cycling in Bangalore city.
Want to join us for rides and a cuppa cycling chatter ? join our awesome cycling community – Bangalore Bikers Club.
Not a Bangalorean ? we have tons of other cycling clubs across the country (courtesy the BOTS biking notebook)
As per Wikipedia, a Duathlon is an athletic event that consists of a running leg, followed by a cycling leg and then another running leg.
The event in Bangalore has the following categories
- 10k run + 20k cycling (split as 5k run + 20k cycle + 5k run)
- 5k run + 10k cycling (split as 2.5k run + 10k cycle + 2.5k run)
- a Children’s event
(link to the map)
Duathlon running and cycling route
Find more Runs in Off Sarjapur Road, Bengaluru, India
A lot of time is being spent to ensure that the transitions happen smoothly
- Pre assigned area for each cycle at the transition area
- Transition area around a huge spacious circle
- Other participant material/valuables to be kept in on a towel spread next to their cycle
- Transition area will be a participant only zone – cordoned off for everyone else. The area will also be manned by volunteers who will serve the purpose of security and guiding the participant to their cycle
- A round of transition area familiarization before the race to all the participants who report on time (6:00 AM reporting time – race starts at 7:00 AM)
- There will be a changing room
- Can be dropped off at the BSA Track & Trail store on Saturday June 13th from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Bicycles will be transported to the venue on Saturday night and will be kept in the school (under lock and key)
- Security personnel man the area throughout the night
- Cycles will be placed in their preordained spots by the time the participants reach the venue
- Participants will be allowed to enter the transition area before event start to check on their cycle
- A bicycle mechanic will be present for any last minute jobs
- Bike rentals – Completely booked out
- Helmets – Mandatory
- All participants get certificates with run-cycle-run split timings mentioned
- All participants get medals
- Winners of both open categories (male/female) get Nike vouchers worth 5,000/- each
- Winners of both open categories (male/female) get mobile phones from Sangeetha Mobiles
- Open category of 10K run + 20K cycle will get cycles
- All winners get a plaque
- Runners For Life – we, at BOTS, totally identify with what they are doing in the running space. If its anything to do with running these are the go-to guys.
- The official Page to the Duathlon
- A link to the Map of the run-ride-run
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading