October 2, 2014 by Rohan Kini
Once a month we run something called the Zombie Apocalypse Ride. Also called the Amavasya Ride or fondly the MLONR (Moon Lit Over Nite Ride)
The goal – ride all night! Off Road! Yup – not for the weak-hearted.
Keep an eye on our events page (link) for this ride that pops up once a month. Typically this is on a Monday night and we prefer full moon nights.
Thats when the magic happens, is what we hear.
Start around 9:30PM from BumsOnTheSaddle Jayanagar
Finish around 6:30am at BOTS
Distance: About 100+kms
This ride has been Murali Dharan’s baby and here are some Murali’s recommendations:
- Bike with a front suspension
- 38C tires would be great
- Fuel for the ride (we take about 3 breaks)
- Patch kits, spare tubes, mini pumps
- Gloves and helmets mandatory
- Good lights on the bike with spare batteries
- First aid for yourself and one more person
- At least Rs 300 (luggage charges for a bus trip back to Bangalore if required)
The ride can be chilling at times. Previous rides had stories about rustling bushes and unseen animals enroute!