- Start: Emerald Isle Resort main gate on the Old Madras Road, 18 kms after K R Puram hanging bridge
- End At: Opposite lane of Emerald Isle Resort main gate on the Old Madras Road
- Total course distance: 48 kms
- Race referee: Vasu Mishra (Mug: http://bit.ly/vasu-mugshot)
- Race director: Suman Paul (Mug: http://bit.ly/suman-mugshot)
- 7 km mark – watch out for an intersection
- 22 km mark – a fly-over approaching a small hillock
- 23 km mark – you get a HP Petrol station on the left hand side with a Cafe Coffee Day outlet
- 23.5 & 23.7 km mark – BBCh markings on the road indicating the U turn coming up
- 24 km mark – take the U-turn
Team Time Trial: Rules & Regulations
Teams may be made up of a minimum of two riders and a maximum of four riders at the start of the race.
Team times will be based on the following;
a. If 4 riders start, the time will be based on the third rider at the finish
b. If 3 riders start, the time will be based on the second rider at the finish
c. If 2 riders start, the time will be based on the second rider at the finish
Women, Masters and under-18 teams must include only riders from those individual categories, however, any of these riders can ride in Open category teams.
There will be no championship points earned by the individual riders. Teams with more than four riders can submit a second (and third) team to race the TTT.
More on the points system, rider conduct, support vehicles etc are all explained in the awesome BBCh race rule book – http://bbch.in/RulesBook.htm
- It’s a pretty even and smooth road surface which is mildly rolling.
- We will have a volunteer at the U-turn point where water will be available. Water and refreshments will also be available at the finish line.
- Riders are expected to be on self supported race mode including mechanical fixing, flat fixing, carrying their own toolkit, towing of the cycle if required etc.
- Emergency ambulance support will be available (Thanks to Sita Bhateja speciality hospital and Spectrum Physio. You guys are awesome!)
- Any rider can contact the race director through a specified BBCh phone number which will be active ONLY on race day (07406-998925)
- Riders are expected to read and understand and adhere to the rules of the race available on the website (http://bbch.in/RulesBook.htm)
- The race referee reserves the sole discretion of analyzing any situation during the race and his opinion will be considered final
- Registration is strictly on-line (http://bbch14-race3.doattend.com) and no spot registration will be allowed
If you would like to get in touch with the the core team, please do shoot us an email at email@example.com
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading