The last race of the 2012 racing season in Bangalore is round the corner. Thanks to Manyata Embassy Business Park who have offered us half their tech campus to race.
When: 25th November, 2012
Where: Manyata Embassy Business Park
Loop Distance: ~1.6Km
Registration Time: 0600 – 0645hrs
Cat 2 and Women Race Start Time: 0700hrs Duration: 45mins
Cat 1 Race start time: 0750hrs Duration: 45 mins
Do check out what Darren Reid, a professional biker who raced a couple of seasons at the Bangalore Bicycle Championships, has to tell us about Criteriums – http://blog.bumsonthesaddle.com/2009/11/14/crit-racing-from-the-eyes-of-a-pro
Registration: Please use the below link to register for the race
Race Route Loop: http://goo.gl/maps/hQVMI
- Cat 1 riders race separately.
- Cat 2 riders and women riders start together in the race.
- Each race is 45mins duration
- Cat 2 and Women riders start at 0700hrs
- Cat 1 riders start at 0750 hrs.
- When a rider is overlapped by the leader / main bunch the rider has / will be forced to withdraw from the race.
- We will be having 2 surprise Primes in the race.
- Prime is basically a sprint lap – Where the winner gets some goodies (hopefully) for winning.
- Primes are 1 complete lap.
- We will ring a Bell to indicate the start of a Prime.
- Remember, if you have been lapped you drop out and don’t enjoy racing a Prime.
We will ring a Long Bell to mark the end of the race – after which riders will have to finish 3 more complete laps to finish the race.
We will need about 10 volunteers for this race If you are interested to help us out, please register
Visit us @ www.bbch.in for more details about the event.
We are planning to have a kiddies race. Please do bring your kids
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading