Ever taken part in an individual Time Trial ? Known how much fun it can be ?
Imagine this multi-fold.
BBCh #7 is all about introducing the Team Time Trial to Bangalore, with the hope of encouraging team formation. This would help us take our local bike racing scene to the next level!
While you could definitely race all by yourself (boooooo! booring!) it would be fantastic if you could race with your team or form an adhoc team, give it a zany name and race together.
Don’t want to race but would love to pitch in and help organize this race and ensure it is top notch ? Please do sign up as a volunteer
Important Race info
- When – Sunday, 21 Aug 2011
- Race Category – Team Time Trial or an Individual Time Trial
- Race route – 22.6Kms
- Start Time – 7am meetup to race at 8am sharp
- Where – check out the map
- Who – Anybody and everybody (get friends and family to cheer you along)
- Expected Average Speed for the TTT – 50Kmph+
- Distance from City – 35Kms
Team time trial dynamics
- Max team size – 6 members
- The time clocked by the 3rd team member crossing the finish line is considered the team time
- The above rule implies you need to have at least 3 members in your team to clock a time for the team
Helmet are mandatory. No excuses.
- Make sure you have read and agree with the BBCh Disclaimer
- Rules and Regulations page
- We fund the races primarily thru the Vitamin M concept
- More about the BBCh
- Register to Race
- Register to Volunteer
- What is a Team Time Trial
- Individual Time Trial
- map of the Race route
- Driving Directions to race start
- Alternate Driving Directions to race start
Local Teams racing at the BBCh
Check out the compressed version of the entire race route. This was shot around 4pm on a busier day – truckers tend to shut eye earlier in the day!
How helpful was this article?
Click a star to rate.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading