BBCh 7 | 15 Aug 2010 | 0700 hrs | Race to Nandi | ~40km Road race
- From start point, continue on Bellary Road for 17.89 km till you hit Nandi Hills turnoff
- Take left, continue for 9.83 km till you hit a dead end (Idly Point)
- Take a left, continue for 3.88 km till you hit the circle
- Take a right climb up to Nandi hill top (7.57 km climb). The race ends at the arch. Please do not crowd the entrance.
Total race distance: 40km
What are you waiting for, go ahead and REGISTER NOW
Due to shortage of volunteers, we will have minimal support on the course. Support will be provided at designated support stations. You will be on your own between the support stations. Please be as self sufficient as possible (tool kit, puncture, water, electral etc). The volunteer team will do their best, but there is no guarantee of support.
Very important – Please do appreciate the work the volunteers do, the only reason they are supporting us and not racing is because they love biking as much as you do, and they understand that without volunteerism there can be no race. Think about this and register as volunteers for the future races.
Interested in helping out as a volunteer ? REGISTER NOW
Keep in mind
Helmet and Gloves are mandatory. No excuses.
- Bellary Road is an extremely busy road with a lot of high speed traffic. All participants should stay on the extreme left of the road and ride in a single file
- There are no major intersections in the race course. We advise participants to follow all traffic rules and exercise caution at these points.
- There is ample parking on both sides on the service road in case you want to get your cars. Please be aware that there is no security, you will be leaving the car at your own risk. It may be safer to park somewhere near Columbia Asia and ride up to the start point
- The race will begin at 7:00 am sharp. If you don’t make it to the start point by 7:00, don’t worry, we will still “enter” you, but the clock will start ticking at 7:00 am.
- The road is not closed for this event. Participants should expect to encounter traffic at various stages and should apply the same precautions that they would normally apply.
- Check the Riders page on site to see if your name is mentioned and note down your jersey number (if not, please do send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rules and Regulations page
- We fund the races primarily thru the Vitamin M concept
These races are very community oriented. If you would like to contribute back – we are in dire need of posters, wallpapers, photos, writeups about these races and volunteers.
We think its a great idea to get your family and friends to the races, this way we have more ppl to cheer for you and also many photographers at the venue.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading