- From start point, continue on Bellary Road for 17.89 km till you hit Nandi Hills turnoff
- Take left, continue for 9.83 km till you hit a dead end (Idly Point)
- Take a left, continue for 3.88 km till you hit the circle
- Take a right climb up to Nandi hill top (7.57 km climb). The race ends at the arch. Please do not crowd the entrance.
Total race distance: 40km
You can contribute any amount you wish, we will publish an account of expenses and contributions.
Excess amounts will be utilized for the next race in this Championship (in July).
All details will be posted on the race page
Due to shortage of volunteers, we will have minimal support on the course. Support will be provided at designated support stations. You will be on your own between the support stations. Please be as self sufficient as possible (tool kit, puncture, water, electral etc). The volunteer team will do their best, but there is no guarantee of support.
Support stations along the race route
Stop 1 – Nandi Hills turnoff at Bellary Road (open till 8am)
Stop 2- Idly Point (open till 9am)
Stop 3- Coconut Jump point on the Nandi climb (open till 10am)
Stop 4- Summit of Nandi Hills (open till 11am – end of race)
- Each of the stations will have some basic stuff – water, banana, electral, biscuits. Water will be provided to you in your own bottles, we will not be using paper/plastic cups (lets try and be as environment friendly as we can)
- A support car will be available to deposit your belongings at the start point. The car will transport the belongings to the end point. Please avoid items of high value.
- The support stations will have basic repair facilities (puncture patches, pump, tool kit)
Very important – Please do appreciate the work the volunteers do, the only reason they are supporting us and not racing is because they love biking as much as you do, and they understand that without volunteerism there can be no race. Think about this and register as volunteers for the future races.
Keep in mind
- Helmets are mandatory. No helmet no race
- The volunteers will be noting the timings for each of the participants at the intermediate stations. Please slow down and inform them of the timings.
- Bellary Road is an extremely busy road with a lot of high speed traffic. All participants should stay on the extreme left of the road and ride in a single file
- There are no major intersections in the race course. We advise participants to follow all traffic rules and exercise caution at these points.
- There is ample parking on both sides on the service road in case you want to get your cars. Please be aware that there is no security, you will be leaving the car at your own risk. It may be safer to park somewhere near Columbia Asia and ride up to the start point
- The race will begin at 7:00 am sharp. If you don’t make it to the start point by 7:00, don’t worry, we will still “enter” you, but the clock will start ticking at 7:00 am.
- The road is not closed for this event. Participants should expect to encounter traffic at various stages and should apply the same precautions that they would normally apply.
- Register for the race
- About the Bangalore Bicycle Championships 09
- more details on the championships
- First race – Time trial Results
How helpful was this article?
Click a star to rate.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading