The Continental Grand Prix 4000 was a favorite among cyclists and the GP5000 that just launched is something we’re super excited about. To improve on something that many feel is near perfect is a tough ask, yet Continental seem to have done this with the GP5000. A huge improvement over its older tire the Continental Grand Prix 4000S II.
Quick points on the new tire
- GP stands for Grand Prix
- GP5000 is a clincher tire and GP5000TL is the tubeless variant
- We have ONLY the 25C available in India
- An updated Black Chilli compound – the new improved version of the Black Chilli compound is causing much interest in the tire as it offers faster rolling, higher puncture resistance and better traction!
- Comfort seems to be another interesting feature on this tire because of the Revolutionary Active Comfort Technology – a rubber comfort layer which offers better vibration dampening
- Other usual high rating aspects of this tire – 20% better puncture resistance, 12% faster rolling tires, 10g lower weight, and high durability
Take corners at high speeds in complete confidence, thanks to Lazer grip technology – a micro profile structure that expands over the tires shoulders. BlackChili compound is responsible for the supreme grip, low rolling resistance, and improved longevity so you can enjoy these tires mile after mile. Revolutionary Active Comfort Technology damps vibration to smooth out the roughest roads, while a Vectran breaker is tear resistant and will ensure more time on the road and less making repairs.
Be it racing or training you can expect faster times and smoother rolling on this tyre. A great choice and packed with technology.
Overall – quite an exciting tire and now readily available in India for our Indian Cyclists!
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading