The last ride of Bangalore Bicycle Championships is promising to be a killer ! A scenic one at that :)
We expect the first couple of riders to reach the finish line by around 10-10:30 am. The finish line would be kept open for support until 12noon.
So, what are you waiting for ? REGISTER NOW
Race route description
The race is from Bangalore to Tolur. We cross into Tamil Nadu and take a right near a forest check point (this will all be marked with white chalk powder). We climb into the forest, all the way to the end of the road at which point you are at the very edge of the jungle. At the highest point by far and you get to see the silvery Cauvery river in the distance. You can also see Megadath to Hogenakal, all in one sweep, all forest !
The view is promised to be awesome and is touted to be one of the best routes out of Bangalore.
Jagatti is the lowest point of the ride, ca. 600m, Tolur is almost 1000m. The final climb would be from the Jagatti forest check point to Tolur. A climb very similar to the Nandi hill climb in distance and altitude.
Keep in mind
- Helmets and gloves are mandatory. No helmet no race
- The race will be very similar in nature to the other Bangalore Bicycle Championship races held till date.
- Try and be as self sufficient as possible – Race Marshals will try and ensure you have a comfortable ride, but nothing is promised
- Get plenty of water – with electral/enerzal (or your secret exilir of choice) to prevent cramping.
- Carry a spare tube and a puncture repair kit
- Race marshals will be noting the timings for each of the participants at the finish line. Please slow down and inform them of the timings.
- We begin at 7:00 am sharp. If you don
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading