Triathlon events are aplenty in India this year – great for anyone looking to start off their Triathlon journey in 2020. So those of you clueless about triathlons, a triathlon is a multisport race with three continuous sequential races. These races are of the endurance type – pushing athletes far beyond their comfort zones. Triathlons include Swimming, Cycling, and Running (in that order).
Check out our post – Introduction to the Sport of Triathlon – to understand the basics of this exciting endurance sport that’s growing steadily in India.
If you feel that a triathlon is a bit too intensive for you to begin out with then you can consider beginning with a Duathlon. A Duathlon consists of Running and Cycling – The usual format is run-cycle-run – participants compete for the fastest overall finish. We’d recommend all first-timers to give this a shot.
Triathlon events are gaining popularity in India with good levels of participation and we’re stoked to see over 15 tri events on the 2020 calendar as of now. Here we’re going to share with you what we think are the top 5 out of all the exciting Triathlons happening in India this year.
1. Ultimate Triathlon 2020
City: Kangra, HP
Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/468278560734773/
- Swim, Cycle & Run these distances to become an Ultimate Triathlete.
- Half Iron-distance (70.3) Triathlon (1900m Swim, 90Km Bike & 21.1Km Run)[Min age 18yrs]
- Ultimate Sprint Challenge (750m Swim, 20Km Bike & 5Km Run)[Min age 18yrs]
- Ultimate Olympic Challenge (1500m Swim, 40Km Bike & 10Km Run)
2. India Challenger 70.3
City: Mahabaleshwar, MH
Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/ChallengerIndia/
- Half Triathlon 70.3 – Swim 1.9km, Cycle 90km, Run 21km.2)
- Olympic Triathlon – Swim 1.5km, Cycle 40km, Run 10km3)
- Sprint Triathlon – Swim 800mtr, Cycle 24km, Run 5km4)
- RELAY Half Triathlon 70.3 – Swim 1.9km, Cycle 90km, Run 21km.
3. TAD Bengaluru 2020 (Triathlon Aquathlon Duathlon)
City: Bangalore, KA
Event Link: https://fitiam.in/events/tad-bengaluru-2020-triathlon-aquathlon-duathlon/
- Triathlon Elite: Swim 300Mts – Cycle 20K – Run 5K
- Triathlon Amateur: Swim 200Mts – Cycle 10K – Run 5K
- Aquathlon Elite: Swim 200 Mts – Run 5K
- Aquathlon Amateur: Swim 50 Mts – Run 2.5K
- Duathlon Elite: Cycle 20K – Run 5K
- Duathlon Amateur: Cycle 10K – Run 2.5K
- Triathlon Relay (Team of 3): One member Swim (200mts) – One member Cycle (10K) – One member Run (5K)
- Maja Tri (Non-competitive – Untimed): Swim 50Mts – Cycle 5K – Run 2.5K
4. Trichy Triathlon
City: Trichy, TN
Event Link: http://www.globalnaturefoundation.org/Trichy-Triathlon-Hosted-by-Trichy-Randonneuring.html
- Sprint Triathlon—750 meter (0.465 mile) swim / 20 kilometer (12.5 mi) bike / 5 km (3.1 mi) run.
- Standard or Olympic Triathlon—1.5 kilometer (0.93 mile) swim / 40km (25 mi) bike / 10 km (6.2 mi) run.
5. Ironman Goa 70.3
City: Goa, GA
Event Link: https://www.ironman.com/im703-goa
- The age group swim start will be a rolling start from serene Miramar Beach with a 2 x 950 m loop swim course in the shores of the Arabian Sea.
- A scenic 3 lap x 30 km bike route passing the city overseeing the Jetty, floating casinos and riding along the Mandovi river causeway.
- The three-loop (21Km) run course is well shaded for most of the route and athletes run towards another key tourist spot in Goa, Dona Paula beach. They will cross the finish line on the Miramar beach.
Do visit the official page as there are limited slots per event which are sold on a first-serve basis. Plus each event has a specific cut off timings to ensure the best have an opportunity to participate.
There you go! Our top 5 events where you can enjoy the sport of Triathlon in the country.
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I’m an avid mountain biker and I like riding fast and flowy singletrack. As I keep riding, I continuously work on honing my riding skills. I like to ride whenever possible, especially with friends. I also like to influence folk into getting to ride more often.
Working on bicycles has also been a keen interest of mine for quite some time.
DISCIPLINE: Mountain biking and Road biking
CURRENT BIKE: RockRider 5.3 & Specialized Allez Elite DSW
DREAM BIKE: Santa Cruz 5010