A triathlon is a multisport race with three continuous sequential races. The event is mostly of the endurance kind with long distances that allows athletes to push their ability to the max.
There are various variations of the sport but the most common form includes swimming, cycling, and running (in that order) over various distances. Triathletes compete for fastest overall course completion.
Duathlons, composed of running and biking, is a fantastic stepping stone for Triathlons. The usual format for a duathlon is run-bike-run with participants competing for fastest overall course completion.
Want to see yourself in a triathlete shoe, but not sure where to begin? Try these triathlon events happening in India this year.
1. ZUUPERMAN – A TRIATHLON SERIES
Date: 6 & 7 April 2019
Event Link: lssports.in
- Students Super Sprint Zuuperman – 300 meters swim, 10km cycling, 2.5km run (age group 13 < 18 years)
- Super Sprint Zuuperman – 300 meters swim, 10km cycling, 2.5km run (age groups 18 < 40 , 40 & above)
- Sprint Zuuperman – 750 meters swim, 20 km cycling, 5 km run (age groups 18 < 40, 40 & above)
- Sprint Team Event
- Kids Zuuperman – 200 meters swim, 5km cycling, 1km run (age group 8 < 13 years)
- Olympic Zuuperman – 1500 mtr swim, 40 km cycling, 10 km run (age groups 18 < 40, 40 & above)
- Olympic Team Event
The swim will be in the 50-meter pool at Club O7 & the Transition will be outside the club at the parking area of the club
2. TAD BENGALURU 2019
Date: 16 June 2019
Event Link: fitiam.in
- Triathlon Elite – 300 meters swim, 20km cycling, 5km run
- Triathlon Amateur – 200 meters swim, 10km cycling, 5km run
- Aquathlon Elite – 200 meters swim, 5km run
- Aquathlon Amateur – 50 meters swim, 2.5km run
- Duathlon Elite – 20km cycling, 5km run
- Duathlon Amateur – 10km cycling, 2.5km run
- Triathlon Relay (Team of 3) – One member Swim (200 meters), One member Cycle (10km), One member Run (5km)
- Maja Tri (Non-competitive & Untimed) – 50 meters swim, 5km cycling, 2.5km run
3. IRONMAN 70.3 GOA
Date: 20 October 2019
Event Link: yoska.in/IRONMAN70.3Goa
An IRONMAN Triathlon is considered to be the highest level of endurance sport that can be attempted in a single day. The IRONMAN Triathlon Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world with the IRONMAN name and race series a trademarked asset of the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC). As such, no other races may call themselves Ironman.
We have this in Goa. How cool is that!
4. ULTRA DIT 2019
City: New Delhi
Date: 23, 24 & 25 November 2019
Event Link: facebook.com/events/378931416274069
Unleashing for the very first time in India the Ultra DIT is a 3-day Endurance Carnival
- STAGE I (23 November) – 10 km swim, followed by a 146 km bike ride
- STAGE II (24 November) – 276 km bike ride
- STAGE III (25 November) – 84 km double-marathon run from Gurgaon GFR, thru the rolling hills finishing back in Gurgaon.
Only previous 1/2 Ironman and Full Ironman distance finishers qualify to participate in this one!
5. DELHI INTERNATIONAL TRIATHALON 2020 GRAND
Date: 16 February 2020
Event Link: facebook.com/events/413322766101868
- Full Ironman Distance – 3.8 km swim, 180 km cycling, 42 km run
- Half Ironman Distance – 1.9 km swim, 90 km cycling, 21 km run
- Olympic Distance – 1.5 km swim, 40 km cycling, 10 km run
- Olympic Duathlon – 5 km run, 40 km cycling, 10 km run
- Sprint Triathlon – 800 meters swim, 20 km cycling and run 5 km
Do visit the official page as there are limited slots per event which are sold on a first serve basis. Plus each event has a specific cut off timings to ensure the best have an opportunity to participate.
There you go! Our top 5 events where you can enjoy the sport of Triathlon in the country.
How helpful was this article?
Click a star to rate.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Shucks. We're sorry this post was not that useful
How can we improve this post for you?
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I never stopped riding my bike! It all started with me cycling to school. It then became my tool of choice to stay fit, which seeded my passion for long distance cycling. I love the simplicity of cycling as it makes you an integral part of the elements (Rain, Cold, Heat, Climbs, Descends) which in turn makes you value every pedal stroke!
Working as a Bike Specialist allows me to spend my entire day with bicycles and working with other like-minded people.
CURRENT BIKE(S): Scott Aspect 670 & Specialized Allez
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Tarmac
OTHER PASSIONS: Running, Photography, Travelling