June 23, 2012 by Rohan Kini
Downhill Biking (DH) is a time trial mountain biking event held on a course with a net decrease in elevation.
Riders have one attempt to reach the finish line in the shortest amount of time while remaining between the tape. The rider must choose their path (or line) by compromising between the shortest possible line and the line that can be traveled at the highest speed.
Downhill World Cup
The downhill World Cup is a series of 9 events taking place in Russia, Italy, UK, Italy, Canada, USA, France and Norway. Each rider is given points based on his/her placing in that event and the winner of the World Cup is decided by the total number of points accumulated by the riders.
The 2011 World Cup was won by Aaron Gwin in the male category and Tracy Moseley in the female category.
The 2012 Downhill World Cup Bike Calendar
- March 17-18: Downhill #1 – Pietermaritzburg, South Africa (completed)
- June 2-3: Downhill #2 – Val di Sole, Italy (completed)
- June 9-10: Downhill #3 – Fort William, Great Britain (completed)
- June 23-24: Downhill #4 – Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada
- June 30-July 1: Downhill #5 – TBD in America
- July 28-29: Downhill #6 – Val d
Category Product Launch | Tags: