Whoohooo … a downhill race in Bangalore and maybe the first ever in the country !
What is DownHill biking ?
Downhill biking is a gravity-assisted time trial mountain biking event. Riders race against the clock on courses which typically take two to five minutes to complete.
More info about DownHill biking (about the kind of equipment, safety, rules etc)
When: 7:30am. Sunday, 17th July 2011
What: Downhill Race
Who: Anybody and everybody
How long: a 1km gravity assisted time trial down a hill
Race day instructions
Due to the nature of the race, it is paramount that everyone giving this race a shot should have tried the route before race day. Saturday is the official training session. Please do head out to the DH trace and give it a shot. Atleast 3 runs are recommended.
No training is permitted on race day or whilst a race is in progress.
The DH race will be conducted in the single Run format as per the UCI Rules – an initial run that determines the start order for the next run in which the rider with the fastest time wins.
The UCI strongly recommends that riders wear the following protection:
- back, elbow, knee and shoulder protectors made of rigid materials
- protection for the nape of the neck and the cervical vertebrae
- padding on shins and thighs
- broad full-length trousers or broad-cut shorts
- long sleeved shirt
- full finger gloves
Riders must display their handlebar number during the qualifying round and the final. Without the number timings will NOT be accurate.
A google map to find your way
Helmet and Gloves are mandatory. No excuses.
- Ensure you are on the BBCh roster – you can sign up for a new jersey number if you don’t have one. If you have signed up for this race, you should be registered for the July Race
- Rules and Regulations page
- We fund the races primarily thru the Vitamin M concept
- Official website for more info
The internet is your friend here. Dig up as many videos/material on bike handling skills for DH riding. Ensure you try them out before race day !