Sify and Big FM join hands to leverage as many brownie-points as they can by having a Bicycle Themed World Environment Day. More details on the Sify.com website.
Here are some Bangalore Specific details about the event as sent to us. (this is held across India, so check out the link for the plan in other metros)
A Brief of the event
- This is an activity sponsored by Sify. The activity is on 5th June 2008 (World Environment Day), morning 7 am to 8 am. (3Km)
- The start point is Fame Lido and end point is Cubbon Park.
- The activity will start with a cyclathon where Big Rj / celebrity will flag off the activity. They will apparently try and bike too (Yipee)
- The activity aims at promoting the cause of environment protection and the benefits of cycling.
- 14 cycles are given on-air and 1 cycle is given on-ground as gratification.
- Ambulance and a gen physician will be present.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CYCLING
I love riding my bike. Whether it’s a simple commute, a high-intensity road race, a jaw-grinding brevet, fixie rides thru packed Indian city or a kick-ass technical single track – I love it all. Apart from riding bicycles, I love being all geeky and know everything there is to know about bicycles, technology, bike fit, and service.
I started BUMSONTHESADDLE to share this passion for cycling.
DISCIPLINE: Partial towards MOUNTAIN BIKING but love it all
CURRENT BIKE(S): Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Tarmac, Pure Cycles Original
DREAM BIKE: S-Works Epic HT & S-Work Roubaix
OTHER PASSIONS: Technology, Photography, Baking, Travel, and Reading