- Back on a bicycle after ages, scared to pick up a more expensive model
- highly recommended by others in some forums
- budget constraints
- no other bike to compare with. Our mistake, since we have just a 3700 as a demo bike
- Have the budget, but scared of what will happen if they pick up a more expensive bike. What will my wife/husband/parents think ?
The Trek 3700 is sufficient for the kind of riding that most folks do.
If you are looking at commute to work, an occasional weekend ride, a little adventurous streak on the sidewalk, well this bike is more than enough. Its a good bike.
The next model that Trek boasts of, is the Trek 4300.
On the whole
- the frame is stronger than the 3700. Its made of a different aluminium alloy compared to the 3700.
- the front suspension is much better with more travel. There are pre-load dials, that almost lock out the suspension. Depending on the trail/road, you can either have a soft suspension or a really hard one.
- I like the handle bars. Much better than the ones on the 3700. The Matt finish looks and feels really nice.
- The rear d